As much as I love makeup, I love skincare even more. Before I started my love affair with makeup, I was literally a skincare junkie; ever since I was in my earlier 20s. It is super important to take care of our skin. Exfoliating has always been an effective way to get rid of dull skin cells and to reveal brighter, softer skin. Now there’s a new beauty device call DERMAFLASH. It’s a great at-home facial skin exfoliating device that is supposed to give you a smoother and brighter complexion.
I had the opportunity to try the DERMAFLASH Facial Exfoliator, when I was recently introduced to it and have been using it for the past month. Exfoliating is one of the most effective ways to keep your skin soft, radiant and healthy looking. Not to mention, it helps prep your skin for a more flawless makeup application making makeup go on smoother. Prior to the start of using this and after debating whether to dermaflash or not to dermaflash my peach fuzz for the first time EVER; I first did a little research before I push that start button because I’m usually very skeptical and scared when it comes to beauty devices and never really considered dermaplaning before.
DERMAFLASH Facial Exfoliating Device gently removes the outermost layer of the skin to unveil a smoother and more luminous complexion. Inspired by dermaplaning, a skin treatment only available in medical spas or doctor’s offices, DERMAFLASH is the only at-home exfoliating device that uses a subtle sonic vibration and stainless steel edge to remove dead skin cells and fine hair from the cheeks, jawline, lip area, chin and forehead. In just three simple steps, DERMAFLASH leaves you with younger-looking skin. Safe enough for all complexions, tones and ages, this treatment is recommended by dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons.
DERMAFLASH is a three-step system: Prep, Edge, Soothe. I know skincare devices can be a bit intimidating, so I’m going to breakdown how simple it is to use DERMAFLASH and how the system works.
- First, you prep the face with the included cleanser — I just use my own gentle cleanser and I’m fine; then rinse well with water, and pat dry.
- Next it’s time to use the device! The kit comes with six edges. Start by loading your device with a fresh edge. Power it on by holding the hummingbird until you feel a vibration. Please use gentle strokes against your face. It’ll gently remove dead cells, debris, and fine hair, leaving behind smooth skin. Make sure to avoid the eyelid, eyebrows, hairline, sides of the nose, and lips. The treatment takes about 5 to 10 minutes, and you shouldn’t go over any facial area more than once. Use a fresh Edge every time you do a new treatment!
- Complete the treatment with the SOOTHE nourishing hydrator specially formulated to help keep skin soft and smooth — For this part, I always followed with a hydrating mask and then I like to use my serums and facial oils to refresh and hydrate my skin.
It took a few minutes to figure out exactly the best way to hold the device, but once I got going, it was very easy to use. You have to go slow and be patient. The DERMAFLASH has been painless to use. I’m not going to do anything that is going to inflame my skin as I am prone to breakouts, redness and sensitivity. It is very gentle on the skin and it leaves my skin feeling so soft! Not only are you getting your peach fuzz remove, but you’re also getting a light easy exfoliation which helps to increase the absorption of your skincare and also allowing makeup to go on much better and is so much more smoother on the skin. The device didn’t inflame, irritate or pull my skin. It is recommended that you use this device once per week for maximum benefits but I personally use this once every two weeks. Bottom line, I personally really love using this device. I wish I didn’t have peach fuzz, but hey what can I say, I’m a mix person – I’m 85% European (Italian), I’m Indian, African American and some Hispanic — Gosh, there’s more but I won’t bore you. I’m just all mixed up so I have lots of peach fuzz but this device has been absolutely amazing in getting rid of those pesky hairs and giving me a smooth canvas for makeup application and my skincare just absorbs better in my skin.
- Prep Cleanser (0.8 oz.)
- Soothe Hydrating Moisturizer (0.8 oz.)
- DERMAFLASH Exfoliating Edges (6)
- DERMAFLASH Facial Exfoliating Device
- Charging base
- Line cord
The Essentials Replenishment Kit is also available for CAD $49.
What are your thoughts on DERMAFLASH? Would you use this device? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments 🙂
*Thank you DERMAFLASH for giving me the opportunity to try DERMAFLASH.