Last year, I shared a post on Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit, as well as one on Beauty Products Worth The Splurge, and recently a cousin of mine whose just staring out in makeup has been inquiring and asking what were some of the best high-end beauty products to start out with; so I thought I would share some products that I think would make the perfect high-end starter kit. Now I do not suggest picking all these items up at the same time but these are products I definitely recommend if you want to invest in more expensive makeup.
- Primers: Eyes – Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Portion; Face – MAKE UP FOR EVER Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer – These are available in 10 formulas to target every texture and tone concern. I love the Smoothing one!
- Foundation: Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
- Concealer: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer
- Powder: Sephora Loose Setting Powder – This isn’t cakey and I’m able to set my under eye concealer with it and not worry about it creasing. It also gives some brightening effect.
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
- Eyeshadows: Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette – The colour selection is beautiful and there’s a great balance of mattes and shimmers.
- Eyeliner: Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Bronzer: NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna
- Blush: MAC Warm Soul
- Highlighter: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette – I decided to go with this because the palette features three shades of Ambient Lighting Powder that are soft-focus finishing powders that creates the most natural glow and if you like subtle, sheer, and natural highlights, this is a great starting highlight palette.
- Lipstick: MAC Lipsticks are great because of the variety of shades and I think every girl needs at least one MAC lipstick in their makeup stash.
- Lip Gloss: Dior Addict Fluid Stick – This is such a great formula because it packs the benefits of a shiny gloss and the pigment of a lipstick.
- Brushes: Sephora Collection Pro Brushes
What are some of the products you would include in your high-end makeup starter kit?
Let’s keep in touch – Links below!